Gum disease can lead to tooth loss and other serious dental problems. That’s why it’s important to recognize the risk factors.
Mouthhealthy.org mentions these typical contributors to gum disease:
- Practicing poor dental hygiene.
- Chewing tobacco or smoking.
- Having a genetic predisposition toward gum disease.
- Having crooked teeth that are difficult to keep clean.
- Having diabetes.
- Taking certain calcium channel blockers, oral contraceptives, steroid drugs or some medications used to treat epilepsy and cancer.
Original Content HERE.
Thanks for visiting Cumberland Endodontics.